In 2017 my Seasonal Hamper Business was created, to provide me with an outlet for my delicious products. I gained my passion from my mother, who was most happy spending time in the kitchen baking and making preserves, I still use her recipe book. Over the last several years I have given hampers as Christmas gifts to family and friends, which has solved the problem of ‘what on earth can I give them’. I have enjoyed making them so much I wanted an all year-round excuse to be creative. So, I joined the Farnborough Craft Guild, which lets me sell my wares at the fairs throughout the year.
Customers are welcome to have a taste of any of the preserves I have on my stall and I am happy to receive feedback.
My top 3 selling products are:
- Mango Chutney, “not too hot”.
- Cherry and Amaretto Jam, “lovely with Greek yoghurt, crushed amaretto biscuits with a generous helpful of Cherry and Amaretto jam”
- Mulled Wine Plum Jam, “Delicious with Oat cakes, Sheep cheese washed down with Prosecco”
Other preserves that are popular
- Ratatouille Chutney, “a bit like a salsa”
- Apple, Pear, Date & Cranberry, “a well-rounded fruity chutney”
- Beetroot and Orange, “does not last long” as it was eaten quickly
- Citrus Fruit Medley Marmalade. Has a lovely twist with Grapefruit, lemon and orange
- Raspberry Jam lovely and tangy
- Apricot and Strawberry for those that like a sweet jam.
- Traditional fine cut Seville marmalade, a staple with my family
- Whisky Marmalade, general consensus is that the Whisky enhances the flavour of the oranges
I usually have around 20 different preserves at the craft fairs, with new flavours being introduced regularly.